State expenditure lift to MVR7.1bn, deficit at MVR2.0bn

The state expenditure as of 08 April 2021 stood at MVR7,093.8 million (MVR7.1 billion), reports Ministry of Finance.

Moreover, the government body reports the state revenue for the review period stood at MVR5,076.4 million (MVR5.1 billion).

Furthermore, expense composition reveals 74% of the total spend towards recurrent expenses and remaining 26% on capital expenses.

The revenue composition reveals 79% of the total came from tax-sources while the remaining 21% came from non-tax sources.

Additionally, the ministry reports the overall balance for the period stood at a deficit of MVR2,017.5 million.

Comments