State expenditure hit MVR7.2bn so far, deficit at MVR1.8bn

Maldives state expenditure as of 15 April 2021 stood at MVR7,228.4 million (MVR7.2 billion).

On the other hand, the state revenue inclusive of foreign grants stood at MVR5,441.9 million (MVR5.4 billion).

Revenues saw an improvement in comparison with the previous week as the deficit gap narrows slightly.

According to Ministry of Finance, the overall balance for the period is a deficit of MVR1,786.6 million (MVR1.8 billion) for the review week.

Meanwhile, looking at the expenditure composition 75% of the total covers recurrent expenses and remaining 25% for capital expenditure.

Furthermore, 79% of the total revenue comes from tax-sources with remaining 21% from non-tax.

Cumulative total of tax revenue for the review period stood at MVR4,320.4 million (MVR4.3 billion).

Additionally, cumulative total of non-tax revenue for the review week stood at MVR1,066.1 million (MVR1.1 billion).

Comments