Bank of Maldives (BML) on Wednesday, 30 June announced the 5 winning proposals under their ‘Aharenge Bank Community Fund’ initiative, for the second quarter of 2021.
According to the bank’s recent press statement, the winning proposals include;
- Revamp School Library – H.Dh. Hanimaadhoo – submitted by Hanimaadhoo Zuvaanunge Jamiyya
- Community Picnic Area – Sh. Lhaimagu – submitted by Lhaimagu Ekuveringe Rooh
- Community Beach Park and Solar Street Lights – L. Gan – submitted by Ibrahim Niyaz
- Community Outdoor Library – G.Dh. Fiyoaree – submitted by Fiyoaree Association for Community Empowerment
- Community Park – Addu City, Maradhoo – submitted by Ibrahim Athif
Speaking about the initiative and the winning proposals, the bank’s Manager, Public Relations Mr. Mohamed Saeed said “we received a number of great proposals for the Aharenge Bank Community Fund once again. With the 5 new projects awarded today, we have now supported initiatives in 50 islands that benefit the entire community.”
He went on to further add, “our appreciation to the individuals and NGOs for their ideas, initiating these projects and working tirelessly to deliver them even with the challenges due to Covid-19 pandemic.”
Under the initiative, BML will awarad “MVR50,000 to selected projects in the areas of education, environment, sports and community development.” The bank selects five winning projects each quarter.
BML’s Aharenge Bank Community Fund is a nationwide CSR initiative to empower individuals to contribute to the society by executing sustainable community projects.