Bank of Maldives (BML) announced the recipients of BML Sports Scholarship.
The scholarship was introduced as part of the series of 12 high impact monthly community initiatives to celebrate the bank’s 40th anniversary.
BML Sports Scholarship was announced to support local athletes to achieve their sporting potential, and provide fully funded scholarship opportunities for top national athletes to train and develop at recognized international training centers.
The scholarship handover ceremony held on Sunday, January 22, was attended by Mohamed Abdul Sattar, the president of Maldives Olympic Committee and officials from the committee and BML CEO and Managing Director Karl Stumke. The ceremony was held at the Male’ Table Tennis Hall.
Recipients of the BML Sports Scholarship are;
- Mariyam Ru-ya Ali | Athletics | Kingston, Jamaica
- Mohamed Minhaal Shamin | Athletics | Kingston, Jamaica
- Mohamed Salim Abdul Samad | Badminton | Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Shuba Mohamed Shareef | Badminton | Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Fathimath Jumana Nimal | Table Tennis | Zagreb, Croatia
- Moosa Munsif Ahmed | Table Tennis | Zagreb, Croatia
- Layan Mohamed Shamin | Tennis | Barcelona, Spain
Application for the scholarship opportunities were open to all registered national sports associations. The winning athletes were selected by the Maldives Olympic Committee.