The highest service charge for January 2023 was disbursed from The Ritz Carlton, Fari Islands.
According to Hala Maldif; which provides regular updates of service charge disbursements from Maldives tourist resorts, the Ritz Carlton property disbursed USD4,508.74 in service charges per employee for the review month.
Top 10 Properties by Service Charge Disbursement (in January 2023)
- The Ritz Carlton, Fari Islands: USD4,508.74
- Cheval Blanc Randheli: USD3,540.31
- Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi: USD3,302.09
- One & Only Reethi Rah: USD3,054
- Four Season Resort at Landaa Giraavaru: USD3,026.10
- Joali Maldives: USD3,017
- Anantara Kihavah: USD1,899.14
- Gili Lankanfushi: USD1,532
- Raffles Meradhoo: USD1,443
- Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa: USD1,415.57
Service charge disbursements in Maldivian resorts usually go up during the tourism peak season. The season attracts a comparatively larger influx of international travelers, who often see tropical destinations to escape the winter in their home countries.
Many of the major tourist source market countries are in Europe; which experiences heavy snow and excessively cold temperatures during the winter season. Most of these travelers seek a country like the Maldives for its warmer temperatures because of this.