The Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MTCC) has provided latest updates of two of its ongoing infrastructural and urban development projects.
Sh. Maaungoodhoo Harbor Development Project
MTCC reported on Tuesday, April 11, that it has delivered the first shipment of concrete blocks required for the project to the site. New harbor basin dredging operations are currently ongoing, at 32% progress.
- Dredging Operations: 59,013 cubic meters
- Channel Dredging Operations: 3,245 cubic meters
- Breakwater: 362 meters
- Quay Wall: 312 meters
- Revetment: 105 meters
- Harbor Pavement: 1,509 square meters
- Ramp and Concrete Jetty Installation
- Harbor Lights Installation
- Value of Project: MVR56.33 million
Adh. Kunburudhoo Shore Protection Project
The project is current well underway with dredging and reclamation operations currently at 52% progress.
- Dredging and Reclamation Operations: 24,000 cubic meters
- Rock boulder Revetment: 430 meters
- Geo-tube Revetment: 185 meters
- Beach Replenishment Operations: 7,171 cubic meters
- Value of Project: MVR21.2 million