The total imports, inclusive of fuel, observed a 4% decline in April 2023, reports the Maldives Customs Service.
Total imports, inclusive of fuel stood at MVR4.5 billion whereas, total imports, excluding fuel stood at MVR3.7 billion; which is a 19% increment.
Maldives Customs Service reported a royalty of MVR2.2 million in the review month, while customs revenue stood at MVR305 million; a 16% decline.
Meanwhile, exports saw a 4% increment in April, registering a total of MVR193 million.
Major Importing Categories
- Fuel (marine gas oil – diesel, petrol, aviation gas): MVR838 million
- Food items (excluding pork, alcohol, tobacco): MVR816 million
- Machinery & mechanical appliance (electrical): MVR731 million
- Base metal and articles of base metal: MVR388 million
- Vessels, aircraft and parts thereof: MVR270 million
Major Importing Countries
- India: MVR757 million (17%)
- Oman: MVR707 million (16%)
- UAE: MVR573 million (13%)
- China: MVR520 million (11%)
- Singapore: MVR467 million (10%)
Major Exported Categories
- Skipjack Tuna (stripe-bellied bonito – frozen): MVR100 million
- Skipjack Tuna (prepared and preserved): MVR62 million
- Yellowfin Tuna Loins (frozen): MVR7 million
- Copper waste and scrap: MVR4 million
- Skipjack Tuna fish chips (dried): MVR3 million
Major Exported Countries
- Thailand: MVR86 million (45%)
- UK: MVR35 million (18%)
- Germany: MVR22 million (11%)
- Mauritius: MVR11 million (6%)
- India: MVR10 million (5%)
Customs also reported a total of 4 cargo vessel arrivals and 1 departure during April.