The revenue collected to state through Maldives Inland Revenue Authority (MIRA) improved by 2.7% in 2019.
In the taxation and revenue authority’s report, looking into the state earnings of the fiscal year of 2019 – the Maldives government earned a total of MVR16.79 billion through MIRA.
The revenue generated to state through MIRA in 2019 was also an improvement by 2.5% from initial forecasts.
As per statistics, earnings from Goods and Services Tax (GST) maintained top spot as the strongest income contributor to state with a 46% of the total.
MIRA confirms the Maldives state generated MVR7.74 billion in GST during the fiscal year of 2019.
- GST – 46% with a total collection of MVR7.74 billion
- BPT – 17% with a total collection of MVR2.90 billion
- Land Rent – 10% with a total collection of MVR1.65 billion
- Green Tax – 5% with a total collection of MVR850.27 million
- Airport Development Fee – 4% with MVR728.91 million
The total revenue collection confirmed by MIRA for December 2019 hit MVR1.56 billion.
The earnings in the previous month, was an 8.9% improvement over the corresponding month in 2018.