The Ministry of Economic Development will be resuming specific services despite the government extending state closure period.
An announcement from the Ministry on Saturday, 04 April 2020, states the authority will be resuming to render services in business registration while the state remains in closure.
According to the ministry, the service of business registration and its affiliated services will be rendered from the authority between 09:00hrs and 13:00hrs everyday, except Friday every week.
The services include;
- Business name approval and registration
- Sole proprietorship registration
- Issuance of corporate profile sheet
- Categorization of small and medium enterprises/businesses
- Registration of business logo and seal
- Registration of trademark and business activity
The ministry’s decision to resume specific services despite the Maldives state extending its closure period in light of the COVID-19 viral pandemic outbreak, comes in an effort to provide ease for local businesses and sole proprietors.